This is an archive of my Blog from 2007. The posts are presented in format as they were published.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy hello from a toddler



THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED MARCH 18, 2007

 Well, it has been only two months of my blog existence, and is evolves on.

First, I want to make clear several things:
WHY. Over the last five years I have met a number of businessmen, presumably form investor banking community in the USA that were absolutely unaware of what is currently going on with investment business in Russia. They asked a lot of questions, some of them were really naïve. At that time I became “pregnant” with the idea of producing a newsletter on the subject. I did, though we never advertized it, but surprisingly enough, we got some feedback. With the advent of blogosphere - that idea materialized due to excellent opportunity that Google provides. I guess that these two Google Russian geniuses put a substantial effort to changing of the world. Financial and stock market blogs are certainly becoming a widely read alternative source of business news and opinion. I guess, I may add something to it.

WHAT. So, I am writing my personal views (ref: Disclaimer) on what is going on here in Russia. I do not pretend to provide a comprehensive overview of investment events in the country, rather make some comments on the situations and happenings that attracted my attention.

WHO. I am not hiding behind anonymous fancy names and anyone who wants to contact me may do this freely using provided coordinates. One of the mysterious anti-Russian blog, hiding its real name, calls me March 17 as “a Russian stock broker trying to tout the wonders of investing in the Russian market”. I am not touting at all (I guess, I need to put in an investment banking disclaimer type note – the one that is extremely professional at GS web-site: “GS expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, including any warranty for the use or the results of the use of the services with respect to their correctness, quality, accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance, timeliness, or continued availability”. That is 100% for me. I am not either Russophobe or Russophile, and I do not want to be engaged in any political discussions (though I do understand the sacred notion of Communist theory: “Politics is the concentrated expression of economy”)

TARGET. So, my target audience is the investment banking professionals that might be interested in what is going on here.

POLICY. I have absolutely no objection of usage of my posts anywhere (unless I shall change my mind sometime in the future). I do not get a penny from no one for this blog posts, nor am I dreaming to be cited in the financial press.

HAPPENINGS. Although I do not want to be involved in any political games, I was amused to read the verbal “battle” of La Russophobe with the Russia Blog. I have no idea why they decided to involve me, I have no idea what is the purpose of it, but one thing I like of the Russia Blog – it has the names and addresses of real people, while the other opponent is hiding behind Internet anonymity.

Due to the excellent service of StatCounter I have a very good opportunity to track who is visiting my blog and from where. I do not boast to be “a popular source”, but each month sees twofold increase of visitors. And I am happy and content that:
- Visitors mostly come from the USA and UK, however there were some exotic parts of the world too
- For the last two days the hits came from the offices of Google Inc, NYSE, Citicorp, Salomon Brothers, Goldman Sachs, PwC, E&Y, Parex Bank, Mellon Bank, Troika Dialog Uk Ltd. and many others.
- Each week I notice the increase of returning visitors.

What next???

No comments: